12.24.2013

Merry Christmas!

Oh my goodness!! This has been quite a few past months.  I have been so busy with school that I have barely had any time for much else.  I am so glad the semester is over, and I have a few weeks break before going back.

Let me just say how I have MISSED you all and blogging. I didn't expect to stray away for so long.  Unfortunately, to cram as much school work in as possible I have to be a tad bit more disciplined toward it.

Are you all ready for Christmas? I can't believe that it is almost here.  Seriously, only a day away!! I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

So I have been working a few items for after the holidays.  I didn't get it ready in time for Christmas, but I think this break between semesters is a great time to catch up on my designing and sewing.  My sewing mood changes a little too quite frequently and honestly it drives me nuts and so I have to do things when the mood strikes me.  So lately I have been dabbling in all sorts of things.  But the most recent endeavors has included lots and lots of felt....

So I have been working on a collection of animal felt dolls.  This has been so fun to sit down and design and sew little animals.  Little Miss has even helped out with stuffing and picking out tight and dress fabrics.

 
 


I've only stitched up a raccoon, deer, and fox so far.  I have many more animal designs sketched out in my sketchbook.
 
 
 
One of the most fun parts of making these is actually designing dresses to go on them.  No two dresses I have made have been alike.  Some have shell tucks, some have ruffles, and some have funnel necks.  I am trying to get a start on making these now because I will be offering them for sale in my poor, neglected etsy shop after the holidays before going back to class.
 
 


 
If you follow me on Instagram, then you have already seen the fox doll I posted about a week ago.
 
 
I just want to say: it feels good to be back to you all, and I hope each and every one of you have a safe and joyous Christmas and holiday season; don't forget the reason that we all have been granted this time of the year!!! Hope to see you in the new year!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you just popped on my Pinterest I was trying to remember the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.