5.02.2013

KCWC 2013


     I'm very late with posting this for kcwc 2013.  I made one other piece as well that I will post later.  Anyway I whipped up this quick little blouse for my babes.  I bought the fabric from my local quilt shop.  It's Riley Blake's Song Bird by Carina Gardner.  I paired it with a navy and white chevron and navy and aqua chevron both also by Riley Blake.  I used the navy and aqua chevron to make bias tape for the arm holes and hem.  Funny thing about the bias trim: I made just over 2.5 yards of it and just barely had enough of it.  Fortunately I made it.



     I designed the shirt to be a bit A-line and a little of a tent blouse.  I added a keyhole button and loop closure in the back.  I embellished the front with multiple contrasting ruffles.  I also added a bit of elastic to the sides to cinch in the bodice to keep it from being so balloony.










     Before I forget: When I uploaded photos of this shirt to instagram, Elsie Marley was the first person to like my photo.  Talk about your excitement!!!!  I was super SUPER SUPER excited to see that.  No kidding!!!!  At any rate, what did you create for kcwc spring 2013?  I hope you were more productive than I was!


3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, fabric and a precious adorable little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blouse! Gorgeous fabric, and I love the ruffles in the front! Too cute!!! i'm pinning it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/05/submarine-sunday-30.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.