9.13.2012

How About Some Fall Sewing..

I have been busy designing patterns and sewing things out for the past week. I have to take photos of everything soon.
I have made a babydoll peter pan top, a floral corduroy blazer, ikat print shorts, and I'm working on a knit and lace peplum blouse and wool peplum jacket.
I do have a couple of pictures of the shorts and an unfinished photo of the corduroy blazer (I will have more on this piece in a future post.)
The fabric for the shorts is a ikat print stretch twill that I purchased from Joann awhile back.  I bought it for this purpose but wasn't sure when I was going to make them.  The shorts feature "tuxedo stripes" if you will on the sides. I just added a stripe of the same fabric cut in a different direction on each side. I added to front pockets, a mock fly opening with zipper and button closure, and elasticized back waistband. I even finished all of my seams!
These shorts turned out extremely well and are comfortable to boot. I sort of wish that I cuffed the legs, but I think the hem suffices.
What type of projects are you working on for autumn?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.