8.13.2012

Thrifting 8.13.12

I haven't had myself a good thrift haul in a while. In fact I haven't been doing any serious thrifting lately. But today I decided to go check out my favorite Salvation Army since it moved to a different location. Can I just say that I am glad that I did?? I brought home some UH-MAZING vintage sheets and pillowcases and this super cool and super itchy leopard sweater that I am thinking about turning into a cardigan. I only spent $5.50 on everything.

I came home with two matching pillowcases and four sheets. I'm really in love with this selection. I think the last sheet may be a tablecloth instead. It's really thin and lightweight with serged hems. 


Matching pillowcases
I rarely get many large flower power items, so I was really ecstatic about scooping these up. 



This particular sheet makes me really really happy! Just look at that gorgeous hem with the scalloped trim. Everything about this sheet is perfect. I'm not one that goes for the faux patchwork look, but this one is right up my alley.


The flowers on this one are huge, about the size of my palm or bigger. I have a thing for mottled roses and cabbage roses on sheets. 


This one reminds me of the previous one. They are both by the same manufacturer, so I'm not sure if they are supposed to be a set. They didn't come together though. 


This is the softest, lightest piece of material. I'm really not sure if it's a sheet. Either way it goes it will be cut up into something beautiful. Just not sure what quite yet. And it does not have pesky hems to worry about. Yay!!


What vintage sheet goodies have you thrifted lately? How often do stalk hunt your favorite thrift shops looking for vintage wares? What particular vintage sheets do you look for when looking?

1 comment:

  1. I would have bought each of these also. The only difference between you and I is that I am not so "sewing machine" inclinded as you are. I am getting inspired here though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.