3.18.2012

Patterned Shorts

A few weeks back I went to Joann's and purchased a few fabrics from the clearance section. I bought a few printed stretch twills and some awesome linen jersey. To me the clearance prices were still a little steep, but it sort of was worth it. The twills had the boldest, brightest prints on them and the jerseys are heathered neutrals.
One of the prints in the twills was this watercolor-like pattern in cool colors. I used it first to test a shorts pattern I sketched out.


I love these shorts so very much. They have an elastic waist because I really don't like fiddling with zippers and such when it gets warm. I also slipped in 2 pockets in the front. They have a slightly small inseam but aren't terrible short.

front


back


pockets


hem



They design of the waistband can be pulled up and over tops for a high-waisted effect or can be worn at hips for a normal fit.
I just love these colors and think they are perfect for the warmer months. I've been trying to get out of wearing plain shorts so that I can wear some of my solid tops, and this is just the thing to start the transition.
I also purchased an ikat print and a watercolor-esque diamond print in cobalt blue and white. I can't wait to make these into bottoms as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.