1.02.2012

Thrifting: Out with the New, In with the Old

Okay, okay... I know I said that wrong, but there's a reason for that. It's because I want to sbhow you the vintage items I got on the last day of the year and today, which techincally doesn't count as the first day of the year but it does as the first business day of the year here.

I didn't thrift that much for the fact that everything closed super early New Year's Eve and the drought of items that have been available to be thrifted. I even went to a thrift store that I rarely go into because I was hoping for something, anything!

Which leads me to my last thrifting purchase of 2011:





These ah-mazing leather woven Oxfords. Lemme tell you something: these are awesome!! I know some of you may look at these and wonder what the heck I'm looking at, but I find these just divine. I have been having a vintage loafer/oxford/boot craving, and any vintage shoe that I can get my paws on or something that faintly resembles it then I'm going to snatch it up! Besides that I {heart} Oxfords. The woven toe of these puppies will be nice come our hot-n-sticky summer time and they are broken in and comfy.
This is the fourth pair of shoes I have ever thrifted and all but one pair are genuine leather/suede. This is the second vintage pair... I have been wearing them since I got them home. They cost a whole 2 bucks.

First purchase of the New Year is (drum roll, puh-lease....)

Just a boh-ring vintage sheet. Well not really boring but not what I've been hunting for either. I don't have this lime and sunshine yellow stripe. I do have an avocado and harvest gold stripe, though. Not the same thing... Glad I found it though since I've been on this skirt-sewing kick. I did find another really pretty floral sheet with blues and reds and such. It didn't have a price on it and I didn't feel like hunting someone down for it. I'll go back for it later this week.

Well there you have it my first and last thrift store purches of 2011 andd 2012. Sorry for rambling!

What was your last/first thrifting purchase?

2 comments:

  1. I love thriftin'...and those shoes are trés cute!

    Happy birthday! Thanks for all the hard work you do for this site!

    –Jaclyn T
    TrickArt Jewellery: Nature Chic
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickartjewellery
    Giveaway for gift certs to the shop:
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/12/happy-new-year-giveaway-well-five-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I have a hard time with the thrifted shoes. Nothing else bothers me though lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.