1.11.2012

Surf-n-Turf Chowder

I felt compelled to cook today after my work-out. I really wanted to go out to eat but coersed myself to go home and make something quick, light, and healthy. So I grabbed a few ingredients that were already in the fridge and whipped up a chicken and shrimp chowder.

Ingredients
-8 oz package of cream cheese
-1 cup of milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 onion, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, chopped
-1/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded
-1/4 cup raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, & chopped
-1 cup frozen broccoli
-1 small can mushrooms (optional)
- Old Bay seasoning, lemon pepper, paprika, and black pepper (all to taste)
-pat of butter

Directions
Sprinkle seasonings on chicken, shrimp, garlic and onions. Sauté in pot over butter on medium heat. Cook until shrimp is done. Add milk and water to mixture then cream cheese, stirring occassionally. Fold in broccoli and mushrooms. Turn down heat to low-medium and let simmer for about 10 more minutes. Eat and enjoy!

This is such a quick little meal that can be cranked out at anytime and is easily adaptable. Add potatoes or take away shrimp. Customize it however your family likes it. To beef up chowder a little more, I always like to make a pot of linguine to spoon the chowder over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.