12.24.2011

Holiday Nails






I decided to go with something a little simple this Holiday season for my manicure. I am absolutely in love with all things nude: from polish to lipstick to clothing and shoes. So I figured why not do a simple yet bold nude nail for Christmas and New Year's?

I used Wet 'n Wild's "Private Viewing." A friend of mine turned me on to this particular color when I was searching for a plain flesh-toned nude. I also used Sally Girl's gold glitter polish. I just brushed the glitter polish on in an asymmetrical pattern across my tips. I love the affect and how the light catches the glitter. Almost reminds me of gold leafing.

What I like about "Private Viewing" is, of course, the particular hue; the drying time isn't bad, and the shortness of the brush.
What I don't like about it is the material of the brush bristles (it's something manmade so it's thick and stiff) and the unevenness of the bristles causing the polish to be streaky when applied.

But all and all I made it work. So now I'm off to find nude pumps and more black eyeshadow....

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and be careful!!!
Love you guys!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Never thought of using a simple Accent Marker. Nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the classic simplicity of them! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Nifty Thrifty Sunday...

    Thanks for sharing this! I'm wearing a gold dress for New Year's and was going to do black smoky eyes and nude lips. This would look perfect with that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.