9.28.2011

Dream Shorts

I really really wanted to post these even though the pictures are HORRIBLE. So I've been working on my design skills because I really want to unleash my creativity and open my mind a tad and stop making the same bleh things. Monday when I got home from work and picking Kels up, I decided to make up a pair of shorts. I didn't sketch them up; I just sort of went with it as I started. I had some leftover chambry/denim material that I used to make a pair of denim trousers. I like the fabric because it's lightweight and a nice color. Anyway, I pulled out the fabric and sort of sketched out my pattern on it. I knew right of the bat that I wanted them to have tailore pleats, so I left room for that. Then my mind took off! I spent the next couple of hours pinning, sewing, altering, and trying on until I came up with a wonderful pair of high-waist pleated and cuffed tailored shorts. I am in LOVE! I think they are so chic and classy. They can be dressed down or up. My perfect autumn shorts!





Again I apologize for the picture quality. I'm going to repost much better photos when I get a chance to spend time snapping better ones and post them with a linen shirt that I made. Speaking of linen: I bought some mustard linen from Garment District when I went to Brooklyn last month, and I think these shorts will look fantastic in that fabric!! Anyway thanks for looking!! Have a most enjoyable day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.