8.26.2011

Thrifting 8.26.11

Hi gang! I know it's been a long time since I've been on. I'm back from my vacation; I actually got back earlier this week. It was a wonderful trip!

Anyway back to the norm now. So I went thrifting this afternoon after work. I didn't realize how much I missed thrifting! I went to my favorite thrift store today, Harvest Mission Thrift. I usually go there for vintage buttons; zippers; and tapes, but today I found an incredible lot of vintage linens and books. They also had mountains of vintage fabrics rolled and taped up. My eyes nearly jumped out of my head from all the treasures they had today.
I only bought vintage pillowcases, sheets, a towel, and sewing books. That was enough; I brought home 2 huge bags full.


I got these 2 books because they look interesting and because I have an affinity for Singer manuals. Unfortunately the Singer book has a little water damage, but I don't think the pages are stuck together because of it.



These are my pillowcases, towel, and triangle ruler I found there. Some of the prints I already own in sheet form. I can't wait to put them up.



I also found these 5 sheets. Some of these sheets I already own and some I have in pillowcase form.



This is one of my favorite finds of the trip! I love the floral bouquets on it.



The piece on the left is the towel and the one on the right is a sheet. They have the same print; I just had to get them! I have no idea what I'll do with the towel, but it's just fun to the same print on 2 different textiles.

All in all, it was one of my most successful thrifting trips I've had in a very long time. I bought 1 ruler, 1 vintage towel, 2 vitange sewing books, 6 vintage pillowcases, and 5 vintage sheets all for under $13. I was EXCITED!!

1 comment:

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.