6.11.2011

Experiments

I love to play with vinyl. I think it's a brilliant medium to challenge yourself with. And I love the fact that it doesn't fray and that it gives you a leather look with a fraction of the cost. (Don't let my mother see this; she's a firm believer in leather, lol.) I also enjoy making handbags, well, mostly clutches and wallets. I never have enough to fill up a real purse. So lately I've been experimenting with some different styles of clutches.


Outside


Inside
This one coordinates the wallet that I just made.



Outside


Inside
This one is made with vintage sheets inside and out and features a zippered closure.

Surprisingly enough they sewed up pretty quickly and didn't take much fabric. I'm going to work on converting these to handbag size, though, because everyone isn't a clutch-carrier like myself.

1 comment:

I love comments! But then again who doesn't? Go ahead and drop me a line.